To meet LEARN members, please join us for Park Days on Thursdays at Karst Farm Park from 1-3 (or later). We are there most weeks, unless we have bad weather--if you do happen to find no one there at a Thursday Park Day, please come back the next week!
Karst Farm Park is located at 2450 S. Endwright Rd.
Directions: Take 45 West to West Airport Road (there is a stop light there), turn right. Turn right at the first road on your right called E Endwright Rd. Turn left into the park entrance. It is the first road on your left and there is a large sign that says Karst Farm Park. Once you enter the park, take the first left. Then follow to the first playground you see on the left. It is not very far from where you turned.
To find out more about joining LEARN, go to the "Membership" page (click link at the top of the page and a new page will open up).
Ready to join LEARN now? Click on the button in the sidebar.
REGULAR GATHERINGS and ANNUAL EVENTS:
* Urban Air days
* park days
* gym days
* skate nights
* ice skating days
* art fair
* international fair
* science fair
* biography and history fair
* family potlucks
* Valentine's Day party
* Halloween party
* ornament party
OTHER RECENT LEARN EVENTS:
* art classes in the park
* pill bug class through IU
* geology workshop
* Thanksgiving craft day
* poetry tea
* KidsCommons field trip with laser program
* IU women's basketball game
* fire station field trip
* AppleWorks field trip
* Trader's Point Creamery field trip
* classes taught by LEARN parents
* tours of IU Greenhouse
* bowling days
* field trips to a honey farm
* Pottery & Art Classes through private instructors
* Indoor Wall Climbing
* Bradford Woods home school days
* Conner Prairie home school days
* Eagle Watch presentations and hikes
* nature hikes
* tours of the police station
* tours of the Mail Distribution Center
* Indianapolis Art Museum tours
* Indiana State Museum tours and home school classes
* study groups
* and more!
General disclaimer: The members of LEARN are an extremely diverse group, whose philosophies of life and learning and homeschooling can differ greatly. Therefore, if a LEARN member speaks about something, it shouldn't be assumed that this is a group policy or belief. Each member DEFINITELY has opinions that vary from those of other members or the group's desire as a whole.